Solar Panels in Norfolk
Harnessing solar power in Norfolk
Solar panels offer a renewable energy source that doesn’t rely on burning harmful fossil fuels to generate power. Instead, they harness the natural energy of the sun and convert it into electricity we can use in our everyday lives, helping reduce carbon emissions and protect our planet.
Not only are they better for the environment, but solar panels also allow homeowners to reduce their energy bills by generating independent electricity. This means they don’t have to rely as much on the national grid, allowing them to minimise the portion of their bill that is calculated in line with fluctuating electricity prices.
The climate and geography of the UK makes it a great location for solar panels. Whilst the highest generation rates can be seen between April and August, solar panels in Norfolk will still generate plenty of electricity all year round, even on cloudy days. In fact, with a 4.3 kWp system, you can expect to see an average annual production of 4,145 kWh.
To make sure that you get the most out of your solar panels, Otovo will assess your home and work with you to create a setup that is right for your property and budget. Simply enter your postcode below to see how much it will cost to install solar panels in Norfolk, as well as how much you could save on your energy bills.
Get a free quote!
The benefits of investing in solar
- Protecting the environment. By now, we’re all familiar with the negative effects of fossil fuels on the planet. By choosing solar energy, you’re powering your home with a natural resource that works in harmony with the world around you.
- Increase your energy independence. Electricity purchased from the national grid fluctuates in price in line with demand. This means that if prices go up, you’re forced to pay more. Having solar panels allows you to use this energy to power your home first, and then top up with grid energy when you’re not generating enough. This reduces your reliance on expensive, grid-generated electricity.
- Get the most from your home. Especially if you have a south-facing garden, you’re likely to have a wealth of under-utilised sunlight at your disposal. Installing solar panels allows you to get the most out of your garden, and use this energy in the rest of your home.
How much does it cost for solar panels to be installed?
There’s no one-size-fits-all price for solar panels from Otovo. We work with trusted local suppliers to ensure that you get a fair price that reflects the number of panels your home can support, your budget, and your timeframe. However, we know it can be helpful to have some figures to work from, so we’ve outlined the estimated costs of solar panels in Norfolk below.
|Number of standard panels||5||10||15|
|Kilowatts peak (kWp)||2.0||3.9||5.8|
|Annual kWh production||2000 kWh||4000 kWh||5900 kWh|
|Price without battery||£4,131||£5,544||£7,013|
|Price with battery||-||£9,471||£10, 615|
Modern solar panels can last for over 30 years, meaning that you’ll benefit from renewable, affordable energy for years to come. As well as cutting your own electricity bills, you can sell any excess energy back to the grid, and receive payment through the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG). Combined, this means you can hope to save around £950 per year in Norfolk with a 4.3 kWp solar panel system, and £23,750 across 25 years. This only increases if you add a battery to your chosen solar set-up.
Solar panel installation in Norfolk
We’ve installed solar panels across 10,000 properties in Europe, so you can be sure that you’re in safe hands when you choose Otovo. It’s important to us that you’re happy with your installation, so there are no hidden costs or subscription fees, and you’re free to do what you want with the panels in the future. As part of this, our price includes:
- Carefully selected, accredited installers who have been approved by Otovo according to our quality and safety standards.
- A 5-year warranty with continued support from our team, even post-installation.
- Complete visibility across the whole process using the Otovo app
- Great Yarmouth
- King’s Lynn
- And more.
Request a quote!
Solar panel FAQs
How does my energy supplier know how much excess electricity I’m producing?
The amount you get paid for your excess electricity differs from supplier to supplier, and even between tariffs. In order to keep an accurate record of your energy use, and pay you accordingly, most energy suppliers will require you to have a smart meter installed, which sends half-hourly readings.
Not only does this help with accurate calculations, but some smart meters can show you when you’re generating electricity, meaning you can get a better understanding of when your panels work. This might then allow you to run your devices when you’re actively generating via your solar panels.
How many solar panels do I need?
The number of panels you need to power your home will depend on whether you opt for standard panels, premium panels or performance+ panels, as well as whether you choose to add a battery to your set-up. We’ll work with you to create a personalised installation that allows you to get the most energy you can from your solar panels in Norfolk.
Do I need planning permission to install solar panels?
Most homes in Norfolk won’t need to apply for planning permission for solar panels, as they’re considered a ‘permitted development’. However, this may differ if you live in a listed building, or conservation area, so if this applies to you it may be best to check with your local council first.